While it’s true that 2019 was a mildly better writing year for me than 2018 was, I continue to feel “off” creatively.
I’ve been trying to name the source of my writer’s block, per this wonderful post by KJ Charles, and to address the underlying issues that have stripped the joy out of my writing and frozen me.
Around the margins, it’s helped.
- Genevieve Turner and I finished, revised, and released A Midnight Spark.
- We finished writing Red Shift, which is currently marinating before we revise and release it hopefully next year.
- I wrote and began editing a 25K short for a not-yet-announced anthology. Look for news on this in the coming year.
- I also started and abandoned various projects. But I have two ideas that, at least for the moment, I’m excited about.
- All together, I wrote about 60K and read 90 new-to-me books.
It’s not where I want to be, but I think I know how to get there, if that makes sense. So here’s to hoping that my 2020 year in review post is triumphant, and that it’s a year fecund with joy and success for you too, dear reader.