- With Genevieve, I finished/edited/released Earth Bound, wrote/edited/released A Midnight Kiss, wrote Star Crossed, and knocked out a big chunk of Fly Me to the Moon 6. Whew.
- On my own, I finished a secret thing. I should have an announcement about it soon. (And it is EXCITING.)
- I finished another secret thing, which led to signing with an agent. I am currently ripping this secret thing in half, which is a pain, but when I’m done, I’ll have two books.
- Total words written this year: somewhere between 150K and 200K.
- I read 70 new to me books for my Goodreads challenge. (Plus re-reads, beta reading, current events, and student papers. My eyes consumed a lot of words.)
- I ran a 5K. Jogged, really, but still: did not walk.
- I started playing the piano again.
In 2017, Genevieve and I will probably release two Fly Me to the Moon books, and I’ll have at least one thing on my own. Here are some of my other goals: I want to get Deidre a manuscript she can start shopping. I want to finally do some self-publishing on my own. I want to run another 5K but faster. I want to write damn good books. I want to credibly play Bach.
This has been a breath in, breath out year, but one paragraph, one measure, one step at a time, I’ve gotten through it. Here’s hoping 2017 is productive and joyous.
(And not to be all self-promo-y, but if you’re looking for a New Year’s Eve read, may I suggest Round Midnight?)