The release week for Funny Guy has been so lovely–and the book has only been out for two days! You can grab your copy at Kindle/KU and Audible if you haven’t already.
I’m mostly here, however, to plug an upcoming romance charity event for a great cause: the Meet Cute Bookshop is putting together a Romance for Reproductive Justice Auction on 6/10 and 6/11.
I’ve donated a set of signed and personalized paperbacks of Funny Guy and Chick Magnet, and you can peruse the full auction here. There’s some AMAZING stuff that I will happily fight you for.
And while we wait, let me drop some links for things I’ve written and interviews and podcasts I’ve done to promote Funny Guy.
- I did an Instagram Live with Kelly from Boobies and Newbies celebrating my release week. About halfway through, I talk about the inspiration for Sam (it might not be who you think!) and at the end, I drop some hints about my WIP.
- I laid out five rules for writing lovable assholes that I picked up from Saturday Night Live.
- I considered the difficulties of writing exes ethically in this essay.
- I wrote an acrostic poem for Fresh Fiction in celebration of Funny Guy.
- How do you write difficult but likeable characters (because Sam is, to put it nicely, extremely difficult)? I try to answer that question in this essay!
- I did an interview with Romance.io, including kiss/marry/kill with my male protags.
- I chatted with Joey at the Good People, Cool things podcast about writing processes, firing agents, SNL, and musicals.
- And on Instagram, I put together a list of my favorite songs that diss your ex.